Our Patient Privacy Notice
1. heathtaylororthopaedics.co.uk is a website detailing the private practice of Mr Heath Taylor FRCS. His practice is based at The Nuffield Health, Bournemouth Hospital and The BMI Harbour Hospital. He will also occasionally see private patients at The Royal Bournemouth Hospital & Poole Hospital NHS Trust.
2. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets out the basis upon which an individual’s data can be obtained and used. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how heathtaylororthopaedics.co.uk will manage, in compliance with the law, any personal data that we collect about you when you contact us or use our healthcare services.
3. If you would like to contact us about any of the information contained within this Privacy Notice you can contact our Data Protection Lead, Heath Taylor - COO by email at or telephone on 01202 551144.
What information do we collect about our patients?
1. We collect information about you when you contact us about our services, make an appointment with us, undergo investigations and/or treatment or are referred to us by another medical professional. The information we collect can include the following:
Name and date of birth
Postal address , email address and telephone number
Emergency contact details including next of kin
Details of your condition or injury
Preferred clinician if appropriate
Background referral details
GP details and those of other professionals involved in your care
Details of your appointments, clinic visits, medications administered etc.
Records about your health, treatment and care
Results of investigations, such as laboratory tests, MRI, ultrasound and x-rays
Information from other health professionals
Details of who is responsible for payment of your consultation/investigation/treatment eg. Insurer, sponsor, you or other
Who processes patient information?
1. In order to support your care, we maintain records about you. The records may be processed by any member of the following teams:
Patient Services Team
In certain circumstances, patient data may be processed by third party typists, phone answering service, medical billing company and/or credit control or debt recovery agency.
1. We may also collect information about you when you voluntarily provide your personal details to us via our Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire.
How do we use the information we hold about our patients?
4. To ensure you are receiving care according to your clinical needs, we will use information about you to enable us to arrange appointments with the appropriate clinician(s), hospital and/or other facility for consultation, investigations and/or treatment.
5. If you have been referred to us by another medical or allied professional, we may disclose details of your consultation/investigations/treatment to them where appropriate. You can ask for some information not to be shared but this may result in the delivery of your care being less efficient.
6. We will never market our services to you or pass on your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
7. Each time we process your data we must have a legal justification for doing so. Generally the grounds for doing so will be as follows:
To set you up as a patient on our systems so that you can enter a contract with the clinic and clinician to receive healthcare services from us
To provide you with healthcare and related services
To communicate with you and resolve any queries, concerns or complaints you may have
To communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in your care
To comply with regulatory obligations and defend our legal rights
To provide an out of hours appointment service
For account settlement purposes
For clinical audit purposes
For appropriate business needs
How can you access your information?
1. Under the GDPR you have a number of rights with regard to how your personal data is handled. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request. For more information please email our Data Protection Lead, Heath Taylor - COO at or write to us at the following address; Nuffield Health, Bournemouth, 67-71 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 1RW.
8. If your personal details change, or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections.
9. If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your data please contact our Data Protection Lead Heath Taylor, COO at . If you are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you may have made, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) .
How do we keep your information safe?
10. We take protection of your information very seriously. All information is held safely and all those involved in the processing of patient data at heathtaylororthopaedics.co.uk are trained to do so in compliance with GDPR. Where we share your information with others, we ensure this is done securely by encrypted email transmission by default.
12. There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things such as allowing you to navigate between pages on a website efficiently, remembering your preferences on a certain web pages, or improving your overall experience.
13. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this function by changing your browser settings if you so wish. To find out more about cookies including what they are, how to control them or how to delete them, please visit aboutcookies.org.
14. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
15. We regularly review our Privacy Notice and will update this page as required. This Privacy Notice was last updated on the 1 August 2018.